Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of Classes

I'm copying/pasting from my Facebook so I can at least pretend that I keep up with this blog...

Day 1 of Freshman Classes

10-10:50 AM: Western History:

So, going in, I had no idea what the heck to expect from this teacher (who vaguely resembles Patrick Stewart.) He started off the class by explaining that he was Russian-Ukranian and that he loved music: The Beatles, Talking Heads, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, and various classical composers. He also mentioned both Queen and Bowie during the class, so extra points for him. Then, he showed a small clip from the 1970s Jesus Christ Superstar. He then discussed how throughout the class, he was going to relate our lessons to music and song throughout before giving us a few notes. I already love this class. Sergei is a very quirky and interesting professor and I am very excited to have him.

11-11:60 AM: Art History:

Aside from saving nearly $150 thanks to Ariel dumping one of her old books on me, I wasn't sure what the Art History class was going to be like. First thing I noticed was the professor. The only way I can think of to describe him is an Amish Lawn Gnome. This is by no means a bad thing. I was completely fascinated just by watching him walk around and talk. He looked as if he should have been teaching at Hogwarts.
The one issue with this class, however, is that it consists of a bunch of people who acted like condescending bastards. Not all of them, mind you, but many of them. 8(

12-2:50 PM: Drawing I with:

So, I get up to the classroom and there are a bunch of other art majors gathered around the closed door, waiting to be let in. One of them with a tote bag goes up and unlocks the door. I did a double take. People told me that some of the instructors might be younger, but I truly and genuinely thought this man was a student. He looked like he was in his late teens-early 20s. He was also moderately attractive and one of two males in the entire classroom. I fear there may be a bit too much estrogen ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment