Monday, July 20, 2009

100 Movies and Art


Yes, another "100" project, this one in the form of film.

I have decided that I am going to watch every single film on AFI's Top 100 Films Of All Time list. The "time-limit" I've presented myself with is to get all of them seen before I get out of college, though I may very well finish them all within a year. About half of them are on the Netflix Instant Play list, so that'll keep me occupied for quite some time. I've also seen several of them in my Film Lit class (such as North By Northwest and Jaws.)

Tonight's film is Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange (1971,) which is number 46 on the list. I'm about 15 minutes from the end of the film and would already be done if it didn't keep stopping to buffer.

Also, to hold up my whole end of the picture post thing, here's number 1 in the 100 Themes Challenge.

Why a dragon? Because dragons were the very first thing I drew. When I was little, it was all I would ever draw. So, taking a walk down memory lane, I whipped up this guy.

Enjoy your lives, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment